You can control the quality of your earthly experience, no matter what is going on around you. You can do it by holistically fine-tuning yourself. Let me explain.
As a human being, you possess a dual consciousness:
1. Your transcendent source of consciousness (TSC) existed before you were born on earth and survives physical death. Synonyms for TSC include awareness, soul, and consciousness.
2. Your brain-based consciousness(BBC) is determined by your general health, self-care habits, brain chemistry, personal experiences, and genetics.
The quality of your life is directly determined by the degree to which your TSC and BBC are communicating with each other. Your consciousness can be on the same wavelength as your body, or not. When your body is optimally well, your awareness can best shine through – always and in all ways.
Further, the quality of your brief visit to this planet is greatly shaped by your vitality and wellness—or lack thereof. Life on earth is like a marathon race and, as you know, sometimes it seems all uphill. Being vibrantly healthy gives you the energy, strength, and clarity to handle life’s most challenging courses with style.
My book Radiant Wellness shares much more information about how to fine-tune yourself holistically. Contact me to order Standard Process supplements and detox products.
Seven keys to optimally and holistically fine-tuning yourself include:
- Get enough sleep – about eight hours for most people – so you feel happy and rested throughout the day.
- Be asleep by 10:30 p.m. and even earlier when needing extra rest. Natural health experts say the hours of sleep before midnight are most beneficial.
- Avoid staying up late because it often leads to excess TV viewing, computer or video game use, and snacking.
- Listen to your inner wisdom when you don’t feel well. Lighten your schedule, go to bed earlier, sleep in, cancel social engagements and get a nap.
- Open your bedroom window for fresh air; just a crack during cold weather.
- Benefit from creative insights that can occur just before and after sleep or while dreaming. Keep a notepad and pen on your bedside table to capture valuable ideas and inspiring thoughts.
- Review your goals and read or listen to inspirational and motivational material just before going to sleep. This fills your heart and mind with positive themes instead of the latest tragedies on the 11 o’clock news.
- Even Jack Lalanne, D.C., didn’t enjoy exercising, but he liked the way he felt, looked and functioned – so he did it and so should we.
- Stretch once or twice a day for five minutes to promote health of your soft tissues (muscle, ligament, tendon and disc); prevent or slow arthritis; help maintain normal skeletal and spinal alignment and flexibility.
- Aerobically condition (walk, bike, jog, elliptical, etc.) three times per week for 20 minutes using interval training methods.
- Resistance train 3 times per week for 45 minutes using weights, thera-bands, or your body weight with yoga, Pilates or floor exercises.
- Develop an active lifestyle by enjoying time with dear ones while walking in nature, biking, kayaking or canoeing. Take dance, yoga or martial arts lessons.
- Climb stairs, park further away, and pick up the pace while cleaning the house and doing yard work.
- Note: See Appendix H for additional information on optimal nutrition
- To motivate yourself to eat more healthfully, go to a grocery where unhealthy foods are sold. Observe how people who are pushing a grocery cart loaded with poor quality foods look and move. This isn’t about being judgmental but, rather, awakening you to the link between diet and well-being.
- Avoid chemical-laden, GMO and radiated foods.
- Avoid processed foods, especially those containing white sugar and flour.
- Avoid artificial sweeteners that can act as neuroexcitins/toxins
- Use minimal amounts of natural sweeteners: honey, maple syrup, molasses, xylitol, agave
- Eat fresh organic or “beyond organic” food from healthy grocery stores and local farmers who use sustainable agriculture and pasture-raised methods.
- Eat mostly real food: vegetables, low glycemic fruit, raw nuts and seeds, lean meat and eggs. Include some legumes, grains and sprouted breads.
- Get sufficient healthy fats: butter, coconut butter and oil, olive oil, ghee, etc.
- In addition to eating fish, walnuts and seeds (flax, chia and hemp), you can obtain additional omega-3 essential fatty acids from unprocessed pristine sources of tuna oil or cod liver oil.
- If you are a vegetarian, obtain sufficient protein from grain and legume combinations, plant-based protein powders and bars, and raw foods. Get vitamin B-12 from whole food supplements.
- Avoid the most common offending foods: wheat, corn, soy, sugar and processed dairy. This is most critical in industrialized countries where agri-businesses use pesticides, herbicides and GMO seeds.
- Pure water with daily ounces equal to 1/3 to 1/2 of your body weight in pounds
- Avoid flimsy plastic containers for water since they can contain endocrine system disrupting plastic molecules.
- Limit tea or coffee to 2 or 3 servings per day and none after early afternoon.
- Avoid synthetic nutritional supplements that you find in most stores. These high dosage varieties are created in labs mostly from chemicals and are poorly recognized and absorbed by the body.
- Use cold processed whole food supplements from organic plant sources that are raised in rich topsoil from companies like Standard Process.
- Get a personalized nutritional evaluation from a licensed health care practitioner who uses Nutrition Response Testing, Applied Kinesiology, or similar effective and time-tested approach. (Articles #32 and 33. Again, articles cited are on the home page of SoulProof.com.)
- Use raw concentrated green powders in your smoothies or green drinks
- To learn more about the dangers of fast foods, watch videos such as Food, Inc., Knives Over Forks, Fast Food Nation and Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead.
- Read articles by: Mark R. Anderson at SeleneRiverPress.com; Weston Price DDS and Francis Pottenger M.D. atppnf.org; experts at StandardProcess.com; Royal Lee DDS at DrRoyalLee.com; and others cited in this chapter.
- Take this challenge: enjoy the real food way of eating for just 60 days. Then revisit your old fast food restaurants, conventional grocery store and vending machines. If you’re like most people, processed junk foods will now taste sickeningly sweet and artificial. You also may experience fatigue, brain fog, depression, intestinal symptoms, and muscle and joint aching.
- Inner Cleanse
- Remove bodily wastes and inner toxins by regular bowel movements, urination, sweating and deep breathing.
- Detoxify your body at least twice per year with a gentle but powerful program such as the 21-Day Purification Program from Standard Process.
- Minimize exposure to chemicals and heavy metals in your body care, home cleaning and laundry products. Hair dyes are one source of toxins that especially impact the brain and hormonal organs, thus the increase in neuromuscular disorders, mental illness and other imbalances.
- Educate yourself about electro-magnetic fields and how to minimize exposure to sources of ‘dirty electricity’
- Avoid cigarettes, smokeless tobacco and excess alcohol and marijuana
- No matter what is going on around you, you can always choose to focus on higher energy thoughts of peace, joy, love, gratitude and enthusiasm.
- Use centering practices – prayer, meditation, time in nature, yoga, soaking in a hot tub, etc. – to become calmer and access your inner wisdom.
- Realize that your thoughts, words and deeds have a ripple effect – for good or bad – on you and others.
- Give thanks for the good parts of your life and work to improve the bad ones
- Remember that golden opportunities for growth and service always accompany difficulty and suffering. (Article #10 and 29)
- To release old emotional baggage, use Holistic Breathing; hold a pillow over your mouth and scream; hit a cushion with your hands or whiffle ball bat; write out your concerns and then burn or tear up the paper.
- Shield yourself from emotional sappers and zappers, especially if you are sensitive or an empath (Article #23)
- Limit negative input from sensationalistic news sources
- Avoid pornography for many reasons. (Article #30)
- Enjoy uplifting TV, movies, plays, music, art and literature that increase, refine and balance your awareness.
- Nourish loving relationships with significant others, family, friends and pets
- Respect, appreciate, and enjoy the richness of diversity in skin color, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, age, gender and other outward differences
- Follow your heart-felt callings, even if just part time. (Article #21)
- Natural Care
- invasive drug and surgical approaches whenever possible. Why? The New England Journal of Medicine recently reported that over 750,000 Americans physically die each year from prescription drug reactions, hospital-borne infections, complications from unnecessary surgeries, and outright mistakes. In addition, the underlying imbalances are not addressed.
- To learn more about the dangers of medical care, read What Doctors Don’t Tell You by Lynne McTaggart and Death by Medicine by Gary Null Ph.D., Martin Feldman M.D., Debora Rasio M.D. and Carolyn Dean M.D., North Dakota
- Assemble a natural health care team to provide specific chiropractic and cranial adjusting, acupuncture, deep-massage and aromatherapy.
- Again, I highly recommend a personalized nutritional evaluation to help your body heal itself by balancing weak and stressed organs. This usually improves or reverses physical and mental symptoms, even those involving named diseases. The two best methods I know of are Nutrition Response Testing (unsinc.info) and Applied Kinesiology (icakusa.com)
- Have an integrative medicine physician who will prescribe potentially dangerous drugs only when absolutely necessary. To learn more about this new breed of medical doctor, read articles by Julian Whitaker M.D.; Joseph Mercola D.O.; Mark Hyman M.D.; John McDougall M.D. and Andrew Weil M.D.
- If you are depressed or suicidal, please seek help from a crisis support team, psychological and/or pastoral counseling, and both orthodox and natural health care providers. (Articles #5 and 26)
- Remember the 3 L’s for babies: Leboyer (optimal care just after birth), La Leche (breast-feeding) and Lamaze (natural childbirth).
- Educate yourself about the potential short and long-term dangers as well as questionable effectiveness of vaccinations. Visit the National Vaccine Information Center at nvic.org. Recommended reading: Childhood Vaccination by Tedd Koren D.C.; A Shot in the Dark by Harris L. Coulter Ph.D. and Barbara Loe Fisher; How to Raise a Healthy Child in Spite of Your Doctor by Robert S. Mendelsohn M.D.; Vaccines: Are They Really Safe and Effective? by Neil Z. Miller; Vaccines by Sherri Tenpenny DO; The Sanctity of Human Blood by Tim O’Shea D.C.
- Contact your lawmakers to level the playing field by requiring insurance companies to cover care by licensed natural health care providers when appropriate. This will make safe and effective care available to more people.
- Urge your lawmakers to require multi-disciplinary ‘triage’ screening for all non-crisis patients so the most appropriate treatment can be delivered. This will greatly improve health care and eliminate excessive costs.
- Know thyself. You are an indestructible being of energy and consciousness.
- You are on earth for SAGE training: Service, Adventure, Growth and Enjoyment.
- You and your loved ones continue living after the body dies.
- Much evidence indicates that you will see your ‘departed’ loved ones again and likely can sense them now. (Articles #9, 28 and 35)
- Realize that change is a good thing for growth and development.
- Life Source appears to be a dynamic and evolving creativity, power, love, and intelligence. (Article #13)
- Humans experience life from a unique time and space perspective, then relay that information to All That Is. It’s an immensely worthwhile adventure that is way beyond the level of heroism in Star Wars and other inspiring stories.
- When pondering “Why is there so much suffering?” be aware of what you are focusing on. Are you mainly thinking and talking about your old wounds, losses and disappointments? Or are you more focused on the magnificence, richness and wonder of life, and how you can serve others? (Article #29)
- Optimally caring for your body and mind allows you to realize, as William Blake stated: “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear to man as it is, infinite.”
- Develop a circle of kindred spirits who are also realizing the great news that we are forever beings living in a totally supportive universe.
- Understand that you are a special and beloved being who came here with special gifts to share and lessons to learn. (Article #21)
- Join an online or local Greater Reality Living Community group. See Appendix C for more information.
- Reconsider fear-based teachings about sin, hell, guilt, etc. (Article #16)
- Join a heart and service-oriented church or spiritual center.
- Learn contemporary understandings about life’s biggest questions from twelve great minds about consciousness topics – Raymond Moody, Caroline Myss, Anita Moorjani, Gary Schwartz, and others – in my book The Eleven Questions.
- Nurture your relationship with your Higher Power: start by asking, converse with daily prayer, sense responses via meditation, time in nature, serving others and other centering practices that quiet the brain. I earnestly asked God and Jesus – to use my terms for that time – into my life as a teen. Although my beliefs and understandings have changed over the years, those relationships continue to be a daily walk together.
By the way, the first letter of each key spells the word RADIANT. That’s what you really are: a radiant being of energy/spirit/awareness who is temporarily visiting this planet for loving service, adventure, growth and enjoyment. I hope you love and respect yourself enough to spend a little time, energy, and money on a body/mind tune-up. You deserve it and the world needs your brightest light.
Again, my book Radiant Wellnessshares more information about how to fine-tune yourself holistically. Contact me to order Standard Processsupplements and detox products.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope that this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life and love are forever. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, co–founder of Greater Reality Living Groups,and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit About Dr. Mark Pitstickfor his full bio.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
- Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing(oncomhome page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows(top tab of com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Soul Proof Newsletters with information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit com
- Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.These Transformational Audio Products use deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
- Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and show that you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
- Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.com and SoulPhone.org.5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. SoulPhone Newsletter:Receive research and development updates on this life and world transformative spirit communication technology being developed at the Laboratory for Advancement in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona. A prototype of the first device, the SoulSwitch, may be reliably functioning as soon as 2018. This breakthrough will constitute 100% scientific proof that life continues after physical death and the many wonderful benefits that accompany that knowledge. To receive updates, join the newsletter at SoulPhone.org.
- Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.