It’s quite a challenge to determine exactly what is at the coreof a person’s health problems. There are literally hundreds of possibilities that can cause common physical and emotional ailments. Over the years, I’ve studied and used several excellent methods of assessing interferences (too many stressors) and deficiencies (too few nutrients and co-factors).
These methods include Applied Kinesiology(www.icakusa.com) and Systems Strength Analysis(www.doctorofthefuture.org) but I am most familiar with Nutrition Response Testing (NRT). To find a practitioner in your area, visit www.unsinc.info
Health conditions that practitioners at our office have helped people heal themselvesof with this approach include: depression, fatigue, tremors, overweight, anxiety, insomnia, constipation, diarrhea, allergies, sinus drainage and congestion, memory loss, cold hands and feet, facial twitches, rectal itching and burning, indigestion, night sweats, hot flashes, tender breasts, PMS mood swings, muscle cramps, sweet cravings, bad breath, brain fog, shakiness, skin rash, acne, irritability, dizziness, nervousness, panic attacks, frequent colds and flu, asthma, visual disturbances, sneezing attacks, joint pain, hair loss, urinary frequency/urgency/incontinence, high blood pressure, high blood sugar, high cholesterol, imbalance/vertigo, heart arrhythmias, split nails, and more.
Named diseases or syndromes that have improved significantly or totally include: multiple sclerosis, crohn’s disease, lyme’s disease, irritable bowel syndrome, cardiomyopathy, diabetes, neuropathy, lupus and other autoimmune disorders, ADD/ADHD, autism, asthma, raynaud’s disease, GERD, chronic fatigue syndrome, ulcer, gall bladder disease, colitis, erectile dysfunction, benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH), PTSD, memory loss, heart arrhythmia, psoriasis, eczema, etc.
I do not capitalize these symptoms and diseases because they do not really exist as separate entities. They are, rather, expressions of imbalancethat can be addressed. The body can’t speak English or any other language. It speaks in symptoms.
Listing improvements of past patients’ problems does not imply a guarantee for
those with similar conditions. I am not a medical doctor. I do not claim to diagnose, treat or cure any disease. Rather, I assist the bodyin becoming as healthy as possible so it can heal itself.
NRT is a whole food nutritional-based healthcare program that uses subtle muscle testingto get a binomial indicator—yes or no answer—from the body. This feedback allows health practitioners to accurately and safely analyze if any neurological interference, stressor ordeficiency is causing imbalanced body function.
These three primary causesare often at the root of many common physical and “mental” symptoms. Here’s an outline of these core causes of dis-ease:
- Neurological Interference:
- Autonomic Nervous System Imbalance: your body is not “open” to healing as it should be.
- Switching: another ANS imbalance in which your body may have a “back and forth” or “opposite” reaction to treatment instead of steadily improving.
- Six Stressors:
Offending Foods:overreactions by the body that cause many symptoms
- Immune Imbalances:an overgrowth of viruses, bacteria, yeast/fungus or parasites (ranging from unicellular to large tapeworms)
- Excess Chemicals:due to the 2,000 chemicals all are exposed to daily
4. Heavy or toxic metals:such as aluminum, arsenic, mercury and lead
- Skin Trauma:from surgery, cuts, body piercings, tattoos, stretch marks and injections/IV sites
- Electromagnetic Frequencies: excessive “dirty electricity” from cell phones, towers, and other EMF sources
- Nutritional Deficiencies:
- Deficiency of minerals, vitamins, essential fatty acids and other vital nutrients
Lack of digestive enzymes, hydrochloric acid, good bacteria and yeast
3. Chronically poor dietwith insufficient nutrients and excess harmful factors such as trans-fats, omega 6 oils, chemicals, heavy metals, genetically modified (GMO) strains, etc.
These underlying causes of illness cause major problems in most peopleand yet are not addressed by most health care providers. Here’s more information about each cause since addressing them is crucial for the health of you and your loved ones.
- Neurological Interference
- ANS Imbalance:
Your nervous system has a component called the autonomic nervous system (ANS). Think of the word “automatic” and you’ll understand the function of the ANS.The ANS consists of nerves that connect the brain to all the organs of the body so their functions can proceed normally.
The ANS is comprised of two parts. The sympathetic nervous system(SNS) controls more active bodily functions while awake. The parasympathetic nervous system(PSNS) oversees functions when you’re relaxed: sleep, rest, digestion, and sexual arousal.
Normally, the SNS and PSNS “up and down regulate” as appropriate for what you are doing. That is, the SNS should dominate when you’re more active, the PSNS when you’re more relaxed.
However, when the ANS is stressed and blocking occurs, this automatic up and down regulation can’t proceed normally. Think of a bicycle with a stick stuck between the spokes . . . it is blocked from optimal functioning.
Being “blocked” can cause numerous symptoms. For example, if there is too much sympathetic activation, you may experience insomnia, impotence or poor digestion. If there is too much parasympathetic control, you may be a “slow starter” in the morning, experience a lack of mental clarity, or feel drowsy throughout the day.
- Switching:This form of ANS interference is characterized by unexpected results to treatment.Patients may get better, then get worse for no obvious reason. Or, patients may have a negative response to programs that are indicated for them. Being “switched” is like having a faulty light switch that works correctly only part of the time.
Usually, your nervous system knows what is good for it and what isn’t. For example, eating healthy food should make you feel better afterward. People who are switched may feel better after eating junk food and worse after eating healthy foods and supplements.
Whole food supplements that address stressors and deficiencies (see below) help your body get un-switched. Then your body isn’t confused and knows how to function more normally.
Finding the cause(s) of switching and blocking is vital before further NRT testing can be accurately performed.
Six Stressors (for more information, see article #33 Six Stressors)
- Offending Foods: Foods can cause many common physical and mental symptoms. There are various ways to identify and successfully treat food allergies. Nutritional-based healthcare programs evaluate food allergies with subtle muscle testing and test vials containing homeopathic dilutions of various foods.Treatment involves avoiding offending foods for 90 days and perhaps taking supplemental digestive enzymes and betaine hydrochloride to digest residues of these foods in your system.
- Immune Imbalances: Viruses, bacteria, yeast/fungus, and parasites are everywhere. You can’t avoid them completely but you can handle this challenge in two ways:
- Increase your resistanceand stay vibrantly healthy. My book Radiant Wellnessoutlines seven keys to getting and staying optimally well.b. Assist your body in controlling the numbers of these critters. A nutritional-based treatmentprogram can help boost your body’s immune system and control overgrowth of immune challenges.
- Excess chemicals: Chemicals are everywhere so it’s wise to regularly remove them. Various supplements—whole food, homeopathic and herbal in nature—help your body remove chemicals. Supporting optimal liver, kidney, lymphatic system and gastrointestinal tract function further assists the body in removing chemicals. Review the list of common chemicals and their sources so you can avoid further exposure as much as possible.
- Toxic Metals: Basically the same story as with chemicals: remove them using nutritionally-based health care, assist optimal eliminative organ function, and avoid additional exposure as much as possible.
- Skin Trauma: Physical scarscan negatively affect the quality and maybe quantity of your life. Scars are the result of any trauma that breaks the surface of the skin: surgery, cuts, injuries, animal or insect bites, injections, IV sites/ports, burns, stretch marks, body piercings and tattoos. Areas with old or active acne, boils, rashes or open sores can also act as scars.Not all skin trauma sites stress normal body function. Active scars—those that are causing problems—can be evaluated with nutritional-based healthcare methods. Treatment involves vigorously rubbing the scars with fresh wheat germ or sesame seed oil for three minutes once or twice a day. Light therapy, a safe form of laser light, is also usually needed to completely neutralize the scars.
- Electromagnetic Frequencies: A growing body of research indicates serious health dangers of excess electro-magnetic fields (EMF.) Reputable research and epidemiological studies have been done and the verdict is clear. People are suffering and dying needlessly and prematurely from the harmful effects of EMF.
Currently, the average middle-aged person is exposed to 100 million times the EMF that our grandparents were. And the amount is increasing yearly! Many of the body’s physiological processes are influenced by bioelectrical signals. As such, many functions—from your sleep cycles to immune strength to DNA genetic expression—can be affected by excessive EMF.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope that this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life and love are forever. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, co–founder of Greater Reality Living Groups,and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit About Dr. Mark Pitstickfor his full bio.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
- Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing(oncomhome page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows(top tab of com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Soul Proof Newsletterswith information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit com
- Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.These Transformational Audio Productsuse deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
- Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
- Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.comand SoulPhone.org.5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. SoulPhone Foundation Membership and Newsletters:Receive research and development updates on this life and world transformative spirit communication technology being developed at the Laboratory for Advancement in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona. A prototype of the first device, the SoulSwitch, may be reliably functioning as soon as 2018. This breakthrough will constitute 100% scientific proof that life continues after physical death and the many wonderful benefits that accompany that knowledge. To receive updates, join the newsletter at SoulPhone.org.
7. Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.