Note: If you are strongly suicidal, please contact a crisis support center now for help. I also encourage you to tell your dear family, friends, health professionals, and minister so you don’t have to go through this alone.
I am sorry for all the pain and suffering you have gone through. Thoughts of suicide are fairly common when a person is in misery. Acting on those thoughts, however, is a big step. Life on this planet can be very difficult at times. Severe and chronic physical and/or mental pain can be the last straw.
It’s natural to want to escape feelings of suffering, depression, loneliness, and meaninglessness. Suicidal persons often want to have peace and be done with all the struggles – even if there is nothingness after physical death. Others want to destroy their bodies as a way to manipulate, express anger, and hurt others.
I would not judge you if you chose to end your earth-experience. Ultimately, it’s your choice. If you really want to take that step, no one can stop you.
However, I’m here to tell you: your life can get better and you have other choices. You will be able to see this more clearly if you learn and implement the following:
- remembering who you are: an integral, ever-expanding, and eternal part of All That Is right now and forever
- recalling why you are here: to love, serve others, grow and learn, enjoy the fullness of life, and have exciting adventures
- holistic health and integrative medical care that can help your body heal itself so you feel happy, healthy, and energetic again
- optimal self-care practices that fine-tune you holistically
- assistance from family, friends, counselors, and spiritual / religious groups where open-hearted, enlightened, and service-oriented people congregate
No matter what your current circumstances, you can improve your life and your outlook. I know numerous people who were suicidal years ago, but are now happy, healthy, and balanced. Their decision to choose life gave them and their loved ones much peace and joy.
You are likely conflicted about ending your earthly experience or you wouldn’t be reading this article. That may feel like you arebattling a war within yourself.
(NOTE: I will not use the terms ‘departed, deceased, or dead’ since those have such strongly entrenched – and, according to much contemporary evidence – erroneous meanings about the end of life. Instead, I will use more accurate terms: changed worlds, passed on, physical or bodily death / die, orcrossed over. Other more factual descriptors for what happens after physical death include: transitioned / moved to the next phase of forever, reentered the field of all possibilities, dropped the body, andgraduated from earth-school.)
Please do the following two minute exercise now before reading further.
Might I first suggest this gentle affirmation and breathing practice? Whenever you feel as though you can’t continue another moment on earth, stop and take several slow deep breaths. When you inhale, imagine being filled with peace, love, and joy. As you exhale, visualize releasing anger, guilt, sadness, and hopelessness.
If you choose to end this earth-experience, no one can stop you. However, your action will likely devastate one or many more people. In addition, there is a good chance your soul will chooseto go through all of this again.
Why? To achieve the goals it may have chosen for this time around: to encounter difficulties but find a way to turn them into blessings for you and others. As such, why not take the high road this time around and avoid future unhappy situations?
A patient of mine provided a great example of how miraculous and resilient humans are. Cindy came to my office with the following symptoms: severe depression, frequent migraines, soreness and stiffness throughout her body, nervousness, insomnia, and vertigo.
Cindy’s life was so unhappy and painful that she had tried to kill herself several times. Her family suffered immensely as Cindy’s life spun out of control and they felt helpless to do anything about it.
During her initial consultation, I explained that I would do everything possible to help turn her life around, but she had to do her part. A thorough history and evaluation revealed many sources of her imbalances including that she:
- ate only one meal a day and that was junk food
- drank many servings of pop and coffee each day
- smoked two packs of cigarettes a day
- had vertebral subluxations – misaligned spinal bones with slight but harmful
pressure on her spinal cord and nerves
- hadn’t released emotional pain about the deaths of several loved ones
- was exhausted, worked excessively, never exercised and rarely had fun
- felt little connection with the Source and felt that life was hopeless and cruel
Where to begin?
We dived in and addressed each of the above factors. She was motivated to change since rock bottom had been her home for so long. After just six weeks of holistic health care, we re-evaluated her symptoms. She already felt eighty-five percent better: her headaches were gone, she slept well at night, her energy was greatly improved, and her imbalance was better.
Under ‘comments’ on her re-evaluation form, she wrote: “I want to live now!”
There are many people who are seriously imbalanced like Cindy wasand don’t know what to do about it. Suicide rates, especially for young people, are soaring. You can become happy and vibrantly well. I’ll explain how.
Good evidence indicates that suicide is usually not the highest path. This viewpoint comes from some near-death experiencers, life between life sessions, past life regressions, after-death communications, and evidential mediums. Theremay rarely bepre-planned cases that could result in a greater good. But I do not have any significant certainty about this.
If the possibility for extreme adversity is designed by a soul before coming to earth, so is the potential for inspirational solutions that do not involve suicide.
Certain souls may have a tendency to leave earth prematurely when things get tough. The impulsive decision to destroy their earth-suit is said to be one of the more common reasons why souls choose to repeat a scenario with similar challenges and get it right.
Afterlife reports indicate that those who suicide often regret their decision and wish they would have continued living on earth. They feel they could have found a better way forward that didn’t devastate loved ones and delay their soul growth.
You, as a soul, likely knew that you would be sorely tested and perhaps even want to die. However, you also knew that there would be opportunities to work through it versus escaping by suicide. You may be an empath or sensitive who has to carefully tend to self-care, natural health care, and optimal living. For more information about this, read article #23 Are You a Sensitive or Empath?on the SoulProof.comhomepage.
This article provides an overview of basic but powerful holistic practices that will hopefully help you choose life over suicide.
I’ve been involved with every aspect of suicide. In chronological order:
1. A neighbor shot himself in the head when I was ten years old. I saw the impact on his children who were among my best friends. They were happy and outgoing before, very sad and withdrawn afterwards. Their mother couldn’t afford the house and they had to move to a smaller place in another school district. Heart-breaking.
- I experienced moderate and fleeting thoughts of suicide at age 21 after my first love broke up with me.I was driving down a highway and feeling so much pain and sadness. The thought occurred that I could escape those feelings by running my car into a bridge abutment. Fortunately, I had the balance, foundation, and support system to not act on those thoughts. Many years later, I can clearly see why that happened and consider it a blessing in disguise.3. At age 24 while in theological school, I started counseling people who had suicidal intentions.
- For six years, I worked as a respiratory therapist technician part-time in hospitals. I was trained to perform cardio-pulmonary resuscitation, intubation, and arterial blood draws. During that time, I worked on numerous patients who attempted suicide or succeeded.
- After I became a master’s level clinical psychologist, I trained suicide and crisis-intervention volunteers at a mental health center.
- For over decades, I have provided holistic health care and counseling to a number of suicidal people.Some of them decided to keep living.I didn’t hear back from others and don’t know if they extinguished their physical bodies or not.
- Two relatively close friends ended their earthly experience. Despite all my training and experience, I didn’t see it coming and they didn’t reach out to me.8. I’ve given workshops and written articles for those with a loved one whose body was destroyed by suicide.
I do not use the terms “killed himself” or “ended her life” because life is forever. People can end their earth-experience, but they can’t end life altogether. I also avoid using the term ‘committed suicide’ because the word committed is usually used when describing a crime such as ‘committed murder” or “committed a robbery.” Suicide is not a crime; it is a lack of awareness, resources, and support about better solutions.
On the surface, it may appear that a suicide is due to one or more external factors: he lost his job, her marriage ended, his investments failed, her child died, etc. But many people experience the same events and don’t resort to suicide. As such, I encourage you to look at inner factors. Good solutions exist to address your fears, physical and mental imbalances, lack of knowledge, need for support, etc. Doing this will allow you to bend, but not breakduring the fierce winds that predictably occur.
* * * * * * *
Note:My advice to those considering suicide is not ‘one size fits all.’ There is, admittedly, a wide-range of circumstances that make suicide more or less appropriate. I’ll give two examples at either end of the spectrum, but most situations fall somewhere between those two extremes.
(A).The most impulsive and tragic cases are young people who have a loving and supportive family, and so much to look forward to. The trigger for them may be one or more of the following:
- feeling broken hearted after their first big relationship breakup
- conflicts about their sexual orientation or sexual behavior
- suffering from low self esteem and poor self image
- bullying or shaming by peers
- alcohol and / or drug abuse
- physical and mental imbalances that create intolerable symptoms
(B). At the other end of the spectrum might be very old people who are:
- losing their mind and in chronic pain with multiple organ failure
- concerned about spending money on needless medical intervention that family members really need
- worried about further bankrupting the country with high Medicare bills that only prolong their poor quality life while supporting disease-care industries
- afraid of ending their time on earth without independence or dignity
For people described under (B), #10 and 11 below aren’t practical because there is no reasonable chance for physical recovery. In such cases, assisted suicide or euthanasia may well be the best solution. It should be a choice– not the decision of a church, the government, or disease-care industries that stand to gain the most from prolonging life beyond any semblance of quality. People in category (B) shouldn’t have to be alone and afraid while trying to die by their own hand.
When suffering inordinately with no real prospect of additional quality of life, most pets receive a timely and painless death while surrounded by loved ones. Don’t humans deserve at least as much?
* * * * * * *
Twelve ways to choose non-suicide options include:
- Consider the devastating impact on others.
In your current state of body and mind, you may minimize how many family and friends really care. You likely have more connections with people than you realize. Your suicide will have negative effects on others. Family and friends are usually devastated—even when not particularly close—when a family or friend dies this way.
Your suicide may trigger a lifetime of guilt, shame, anger, and self-blame for them. Even casual acquaintances may think, “If only I had seen it coming. Was it something I did or said, or didn’t do or say that put him over the edge? Was there something I could have done to prevent it?”
Over the years, I’ve worked with many people with a loved one whose body died by suicide. They are often traumatized to the core, even decades later, and begin to tremble and stutter when talking about it. I can’t emphasize enough how huge of a shock your suicide will be to others. If for no other reason, I encourage people who are considering suicide to think of the impact on others.
I and eleven great minds about consciousness topics – Raymond Moody, Caroline Myss, Anita Moorjani, Gary Schwartz, and others – discuss contemporary understandings about this and other big questions about life in The Eleven Questions.
You’ve probably heard of the life reviewthat many people report during a near-death experience (NDE). The life review is one of most transformative aspectsof the NDE: it helps alcoholics quit drinking; drug users abstain; fundamentalist ministers to preach about love, not fear; and suicidal people to focus on living, not dying.
The Life Review Techniqueallows you to experience this without nearly dying. It uses deep relaxation and visualization to consider what your life review would be life if you died today. You can see and feel the impactof your positive and negative thoughts, words, and deeds so far. Then you can consider how to make amends so you don’t carry your “dirty laundry” over when you pass on. You can also get a better sense of what the impact would be if you go ahead with suicide.
Think about the loss of your contributions for good.
People who consider or complete suicide are often more sensitive than average. They are keenly aware of the injustices and pain and feel like they can’t continue living on this difficult planet any longer. But we need all hands on deck to bring love and light to the fore. We need more, not fewer people who clearly see what needs changedon this planet and are willing to pitch in.
If you are very sensitive or empathic, it’s important to shield yourself dailyso you aren’t sapped or zapped by lower energy emotions that abound. Visualize, pray, and affirm that you are surrounded by a cocoon of light that protects you 24/7. This helps you be around others who are suffering or imbalanced without taking on their lower energies of fear, pain, sadness, etc. Shielding yourself allows you to function more effectively IN the world even though you know you are not solely OF this world. To learn more, read article #23 Are You a Sensitive or Empath?
I know that life on Earth can be very difficult at times. However, a vast amount of evidence collectively indicates that struggle is one major reason that souls volunteer to come here. Adversity and challenge can be powerful teachers. If you want to die right now, but overcome the urge to do so, you can be a potent force for positive change in the world. You’ll have a chance to better identify your soul’s missions and fulfill them. Just taking the first step along that path will give you a peace that passes all understanding and sense of purpose that so many seek.
Realize that your suicide attempt might hurt others and incapacitate you. Suicide attempts can ‘go wrong’ and cause damage or death to others. Standing in front of a train could cause a train wreck. Getting drunk or taking pills and then driving off a cliff might lead a wreck that injures others. Shooting yourself could cause a bullet to travel and kill someone in the next apartment.Recently, a woman suicided by asphyxiation in the garage with the car engine running. The fumes leaked into the house and killed two of her children. The husband came home and found all of that.
Suicide attempts can cause MUCH worse life circumstances for the person who attempts it. The worst case I’ve seen occurred while I was working as a respiratory therapist in a hospital ICU. Hank’s life seemed so horrible that he thought suicide was the only option. He put the barrel of a shotgun under his chin and pulled the trigger. The barrel shifted and blew off his face, but didn’t kill him. Hank was blinded and couldn’t talk. Most nurses and hospital staff members were justifiably freaked out by this young man’s situation.
I was in theology school at the time and reading everything from Elizabeth Kubler-Ross to Ram Dass. I talked to Hank and acknowledged that he had gone from the frying pan into the fire. I also told him about real-life stories of people who had turned tremendous adversity into blessings for themselves and others. I reminded him that he was surrounded by the Light, his higher energy support team, and a supportive Universe. He motioned that he wanted to write a note and, as best a newly blinded person could, scribbled: “God help me. I’m in hell!”
There are all kinds of ways that suicide attempts can go bad. This is just one more reason to choose a better option that doesn’t involve suicide.
Consider completing your curriculum this time around. Your human part or ego wants life to be safe, easy, and comfortable. But your soul doesn’t care about any of that. Your essence knows it is immortal and one with All That Is right nowand forevermore. This higher self is focused on love, service, adventure, growth and enjoyment. It enjoys creating challenging scenarios and then victoriously solving them. This creates inspiring stories and helps others do the same.
Just think what a powerful story yours will be if you can take a path that doesn’t involve killing your physical body. After suicide, many souls choose to go through a similar scenario again with the goal of taking a higher path the next time around. Why not do that here and now?
There is no external source of judgment or punishment in the next phase of forever for any transgression. You judge yourself based on what you planned to do versus what you did. You also experience a life review in which you might graphically see and feel all the pain you caused others. Why put yourself through all that?
Have you ever watched a great adventure movie where the hero or heroine was in a tough situation and said, “I give up – I’m going to kill myself!” Who would want to watch a movie like that? Well, my friend, you are the writer, producer, director, and actor in your life’s movie.
5.Look at the big picture.
Consider an extreme example of a very elderly woman who has no family, multiple organ failure, chronic pain, is losing her mind, and doesn’t want to decay in a nursing home. Some people feel that this would be an appropriate case for euthanasia, a term that meansa good death. And maybe it is.
However, when viewed from a greater reality perspective, there could be a greater purpose and meaningin her situation. Here are just three of many possibilities:
- Her soul choseto go through this misery so that others could practice being care-givers. How can humans – who are really eternal souls – improve their health care providing or ministry skills without having someone to help?
- She knew that her suffering could build her strength of spirit and patience.
- Others might see her plight and be motivated to better care for themselves and prevent illness in others.
Your five senses, wonderful as they are, perceive much lessthan one percent of all that exists. As such, you have been looking at life through a tiny pinhole and trying to make sense of it all. That’s why Einstein and other great thinkers have said we are suffering from optical delusions.
From a limited human perspective, life appears to be chaotic and unfair. But much evidence strongly points to it being lawful and just. Your soul may have chosen to be amidst tremendous adversity for three reasons:
- karmic learning: you may have caused pain to others in this earthly experience or another time and place. Your inner wisdom chose to experience difficulty, not to punish yourself, but to remember the wisdom of following the Golden Rule.
- chosen learning: your real self knew that trials and tribulations can build spiritual muscles so it signed up for a challenging curriculum in earth-school.Pretending that you can be hurt or killed is a great way to test how much you know that life is periodically changing, but never-ending.
- loving service: like the example of the elderly woman, you volunteered to endure suffering because you knew it would help others in some way.Expanding your awareness of life’s big picture may motivate you to find better solutions than leaving earth by suicide.
- Lean on others.
As the classic song by Bill Withers reminds us, we each need to lean on others at times. Extreme situations like feeling suicidal require holistic solutions. Reach out to family, friends, ministers, counselors, health care providers, and others who might help. You don’t have to go through this by yourself. What do you have to lose? Assemble your team and accept help from others.
I highly recommend Unity Centers– wonderfully heart-centered, open-minded, and service-oriented places – for support, fellowship, and enlightened spiritual study. Other excellent denominations include Unitarian-Universalist, Religious Science, Science of Mind, Christian Science, Centers for Positive Living, and United Church of Christ (UCC). Sacred wisdom sources such as Native American spirituality have much to share. Each major religion has special strengths and I’ve learned from all of them.
Avoid fundamentalist denominations that teach archaic and erroneous notions of only one way to heaven, fiery eternal hell, judgmental God, born into sin, suicide is a one-way ticket to hell, etc. Those fearfully schizoid teachings are part of the problem, not the solution.
People with open hearts and minds understandably want nothing to do with such nonsensical teachings. That’s why it’s important to find more loving and aware groups that reflect what your inner wisdom whispered to you as a child. Those with a loving family intuitively know that a wise and caring Source doesn’t burn his children in hell forever. And how can the creation of Infinite Intelligence be born into sin because one person disobeyed.
Religious teachings have been mightily changed over the millennia for reasons that include control and financial gain. The list of denominations above will help you better understand ancient parables and metaphors that were designed to be taken figuratively, not literally. If you’ve struggled with religious teachings that didn’t make sense to you in the past or now, read article #16 Evidence-Based Spiritual Teachingsat SoulProof.com.
Excellent organizations can help when things seem hopeless. The Greater Reality Livingbook, website, and community groups provide a wide array of assistance for those who are suffering and struggling. Many resources are listed at the end of that book.
Family members with a child who physically died sometimes consider, attempt, or carry out suicide to escape the immense grief, guilt, loneliness, and other difficult emotions. HelpingParentsHeal.orgassists transitioning FROM bereaved families TO shining light families. The latter term describes realizing that the child is literally a shining light who is in another phase of forever. Really knowing this can help parents and families members choose healing and service to others versus suicide.
Transmute your pain and suffering.
Stories of wizards who transmute straw into gold are entertaining and inspiring. But even more impressive are people who heal their pain via a process of sacred alchemy. Here are two real-life examples of parents I worked with:
- A mother wanted to kill herself so she could be with her deceased baby. My books, CDs, and webinars helped her upgrade lower energy emotions of pain, anger, and hopelessness into higher ones of love, compassion, and service to others. Transformations like this usually don’t happen quickly and aren’t easy, but they are possible.
- After his son passed on, a father created a foundation to help inner city youth enjoy sports. Being involved in this work helped him heal and get back into the flow of life on earth.
Here is one secretto always being in heavenno matter where you are or what is going on around you: you receive back many times over what you give to others.
You can learn to live in the present moment and focus on the highest feeling thoughts available. Learning that lesson is invaluable and easily worth the price of suffering and struggle. What’s more, you take that evolved consciousness with you through the rest of eternity. Your enhanced awareness also greatly blesses others as you shine always and in all ways.
Two powerful ways to upgrade your suffering (click on links to learn more) include:
Know that suicide may delay a reunion with departed loved ones.
You may have considered suicide to reunite sooner with your loved ones who passed on. This is a understandable expression of anguish that you hopefully won’t act on. They are likely in a higher, finer, and more peaceful state of consciousness. That puts them in a higher realm, a more evolved energy in the field of all possibilities.
Your suicide might actually delay, rather than hasten, a reunion with them.
Here’s why . . . after physical death by natural means, souls usually experience a blessed reunion with their departed loved ones. However, souls of people who destroyed their body by suicide may carry over lower energy emotionssuch as regret, guilt, shame, and fear. Their personal energy may also be depleted or imbalanced; this may require a period of sleep, rest, and rehabilitation before being able to visit with others.
Further, their beliefs while on earth – especially those about a fiery eternal place of torment – may temporarily influence their perceptions. This can put them in a very different energetic place than their deceased loved ones who died by natural means and dropped their bodies some time ago.
For example, consider Ruth, a woman who grew up in a church that taught suicide is an unforgiveable sin, an automatic ticket to hell. Those beliefs were very deeply seated and difficult to extinguish without working on ones self. Imagine that Ruth did not question authority but, instead, thought that pastor knew best.
Due to severe depression from a number of causes, she blindly trusted medical doctors. Ruth took the anti-depressant drug that her doctor prescribed without question. This unnatural pharmaceutical approach did not address the underlying causes of her mental symptoms. (see article #26 Holistic Solutions for Depression) In addition, the drug had severe potential side effects that included homicidal and suicidal thinking and behavior.
Ruth developed additional symptoms of insomnia, anxiety, and feelings of isolation. She gained weight and had even less energy due to other drug side effects. All of this negatively impacted her marriage and other relationships. Eventually, she saw no other way out except for suicide to hopefully lessen her pain and suffering.
Because of all the above factors, she initially experienced a hellish afterlife after physical death. (Hell isn’t a place where Source put her. It is a state of mind created by the summation of her lower energy beliefs, thoughts, words, and actions.) She believed that she deserved to be in hellbecause of suicide, guilt, feelings of unworthiness, and more.
Her angels and other evolved beings were always present and willing to help her choose a higher path. They invited her to love herself, and know that she deserved to be happy and peaceful.
But it took her awhile to be open to this and know how much she is regarded and loved. As soon as she was ready, a period of rest, healing, recharging, and counseling began. Eventually, she remembered her true nature as an integral, eternal, infinite, and beloved part of Life Itself. Then she was ready for a reunion with her soul mates and loved ones who had passed on before.
After your body dies, you will – sooner or later – join your group of dear ones you have known for eons. How soon that reunion occurs is directly determined by your state of consciousness when you crossed over.
- Realize that suicide may initially alter the qualityof your afterlife experience.
What you experience after your body dies is the direct result of your state of mind when you passed on. Which do you think would usually create a more immediate awareness of your eternal nature, inseparability from the Light, and a zillion other wonderful realizations?
- Dropping the body after a long fulfilling life, or by causes beyond your conscious control: a fatal illness or accident, or being murdered.
- dying by suicide and all that preceded that decision and action
To understand this topic better, consider two ends of the spectrum. First, imagine the welcome that Mother Teresa received after she changed worlds. Her transition was probably like walking from one room to another. She was most likely greeted enthusiastically with celestial high-fives and “You rocked, girl!” by her soul mates, angels, guides, and master teachers.
Now contrast that with someone like Adolf Hitler. He likely needed a very long period of sleep before he could begin reviewing his earthly deeds. His life review probably felt like hell for a very long time as he saw and felt the ripples he created by his decisions and actions. That hellish state of being likely continued for what seemed like a very long time until he was able to truly repent, forgive himself, and plan to make amends.
Much counseling and rehabilitation would be needed before he could start to be around other souls. It’s all about expanding in love and light, not about punishment or criticism. But the person who committed atrocities may not see that for millennia.
(By the way, I’m not at all comparing the after effects of suicide to overseeing killing millions of people. I use the example of Hitler to illustrate one extreme of how people create the quality of their afterlife.)
A similar dynamic occurs with after-death communications (ADCs). Those who are more peaceful, loving, and joyful generally have more frequent and intense perceptions of dear ones who have passed on. Being more on the same wavelength or energy frequency enhances awareness dear ones in spirit.
Similarly, an optimal consciousness when you drop your body allows you to enjoy higher levels of energy in the next phase of forever.
Benefit from natural and holistic health care.
Excellent natural healthcare approaches include specific chiropractic adjustments, acupuncture, nutrition-based healing, and deep tissue massage. Other powerful methods include aromatherapy, hypnotherapy, energy healing, shamanic healing, and sound and light therapy. Learn more about these approaches from article #26 Holistic Solutions for Mental Symptomsand my book Radiant Wellness. These natural healing approaches can be miraculous for relieving severe and chronic pain that may cause you to consider suicide. To find the best practitioners in your area, ask around about who are the best ones and see what names surface. For some people, even a 50% reduction in pain can make the difference between choosing to stay on earth or hastening their death.
Severe mental symptomssuch as depression and anxiety are often caused by factors that can be addressed with personalized nutritional healing. Stressors such as excess heavy metals, chemicals, and microorganisms can impair brain and GI system functioning and one’s mental state.
Likewise, nutritional deficiencies can prevent the brain, gut, and endocrine glands from working normally. And that, in turn, can cause extreme unhappiness and depression.
You may have something as simple as a severe food allergy to wheat, dairy, soy, or sugar that causes ‘mental’ symptoms. Once identified, avoidance of that food can make a huge difference. It would be a shame to die by suicide, devastate family and friends, and choose to repeat all this because of something so easily treatable.
These problems can usually be addressed with natural health care approaches. I highly recommend Nutrition Response Testingor Applied Kinesiologyfor addressing the underlying causes of mental symptoms. For additional information about this miraculous approach to helping your body heal itself, see article #26.
I also recommend that you have an integrative medical doctorwho recognizes the effectiveness of natural methods and is willing to communicate and cooperate with other practitioners. Crises and emergencies may initially require drug or surgical care.
Much more often, however, natural methods that don’t have potential negative side-effects will suffice. Anti-depressant drugs have black-box warnings about increased suicidal and homicidal behavior for good reason. A holistically oriented medical physician can – along with your natural health care providers – help design an optimal recovery program for you.
Practice optimal self-care.
The power of basic health practices done on a regular basis is tremendous. Take time to get adequate rest, relaxation, and moderate exercise. Spend the extra money to buy chemical-free real food with at least 60% of your diet as raw food. Nutrients, enzymes, catalysts, and other co-factors are most abundant in fresh and healthy food that has not been processed or exposed to temperatures over 115 degrees Fahrenheit. Your organs need those nutrients to function normally.Learn how to detox your body and minimize exposure to chemicals and heavy metals. Consider protection again electro-magnetic fields (EMF) since that alone can cause severe depression and illness. Use prayer, meditation, yoga, time in nature, and other centering practices to quiet your mind, increase your awareness, and remember that you are an integral part of Life now and always.
Remember Who You Are.
Many wise teachers throughout antiquity have advised people to “know thyself.” Remembering who you are, why you’re here, and Who walks beside you always makes this earthly experience much more sensible and successful. To learn more about the collective evidence that you are part of Source Energy right now, visit SoulProof.comfor free articles, newsletters, and radio interviews with top consciousness experts.
I especially recommend article #1: Scientific Evidence That Life Is Never-Ending. You can also better realize who you are with an Ask Your Soulhypnosis session. A greater reality perspective indicates, with varying degrees of certainty, that you:
- are an eternal being of consciousness.
- do not ‘lose’ loved ones who have passed on but do reunite with them when you change worlds.
- can enjoy a continued although different relationship with those who have dropped their physical body.
- encounter not just one, but many life experiences throughout eternity.
- are one with the One and an integral part of Life Source
- receive assistance and guidance – synchronistic signs for example – from sources described as angels, guides, master teachers, higher energies and the Light.
- create how heavenly or hellish your life feels – whether on earth or elsewhere – by your predominant thoughts, words and deeds.
- are interconnected with other people, animals, nature and all of life.
- have special purposes for experiencing being on this planet now.
None of the aboveis apparent when you rely on just your five senses per se. All of the aboveare essential understandings for having a joyful, peaceful and meaningful human experience.
The bottom line? Your worst nightmare – perhaps the life that you are experiencing right now – can become a blessing for you and others.
That’s why, I encourage you to find a way to keep on living. An earthly experience is a precious experience. Those who work through the greatest difficulties can become the best teachers, healers, and counselors afterwards. Most importantly, the quality of your life can match that of your greatest dreams if you set that as your goal and regularly follow my recommendations over time.
The world needs more sensitive and aware
people – which you likely are– not fewer.
NOTE: If, after reading all this, you still are thinking about suicide, I recommend that you allow a nine month window of time before deciding to leave it. That’s the same amount it took to prepare your entry intothis world so give it at least that before purposely leaving it.
Many people who attempted suicide learn to enjoy life again. I’d love to see your name on that list. I hope and pray that you decide to love yourself enough to find peace, vitality, and joy again.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope that this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life and love are forever. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, co–founder of Greater Reality Living Groups,and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit About Dr. Mark Pitstickfor his full bio.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
- Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing(oncomhome page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows(top tab of com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Soul Proof Newsletterswith information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit com
- Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.These Transformational Audio Productsuse deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
- Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
- Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.comand SoulPhone.org.5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.6. SoulPhone Newsletter:Receive research and development updates on this life and world transformative spirit communication technology being developed at the Laboratory for Advancement in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona. A prototype of the first device, the SoulSwitch, may be reliably functioning as soon as 2018. This breakthrough will constitute 100% scientific proof that life continues after physical death and the many wonderful benefits that accompany that knowledge. To receive updates, join the newsletter at SoulPhone.org.
- Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.