Some people are concerned about ‘ghosts.’ Others fear a very powerful ‘devil’ while still others are worried about ‘evil spirits’. I put single quotation marks around those terms because of the varying and often inaccurate meanings attached to them. The terms I prefer include:
Stuck Postmaterial Person(PMP)as a better term for ‘ghost.’ I know . . . it’s new and cumbersome, but much more accurate. Newer terms based on contemporary understandings also distancing yourself from archaic and erroneous notions associated with older terms.
Stuck PMP refers to those whose human body have died, but haven’t yet moved into the Light. Despite bodily death, their energy / observation point is still attached to earth instead of engaging in the next phase of life.
Imbalanced Entity instead of ‘evil spirit.’ Just as there are immature and imbalanced humans, the same appears to be true in other planes of existence. I use the word ‘entity’ instead of person since an imbalanced entitymay not have ever lived on earth.
I don’t have a more accurate term for ‘devil’ because, based on everything I know, there is no such thing.
In this article, I will briefly address these topics since people often ask about them. My advice is to not dwell upon ‘ghosts, the devil, and evil spirits.’ Instead, I recommend focusing on good, God, love, light and higher energy emotions such love, peace, joy, gratitude, and enthusiasm.
Death of the human form isn’t an automatic panacea that positively transforms unevolved and imbalanced beings. The personality and level of consciousness appear to carry overas post- material persons – those no longer living in the material world / earth – continue to learn, grow, and evolve. This point helps explain much about stuck PMPs and imbalanced entities who once lived on earth.
Stuck Postmaterial Person (‘Ghost’)
The term ‘ghost’ has strongly engrained meanings of a distraught dead person who can hurt you or at least cause you to run into walls and fall down stairs. Some people enjoy being a little scared by ghost stories and haunted houses, but many children and some adults are terrified by them. Fears about stuck postmaterial persons (PMPs) are needless when perceiving more of the greater reality, for example, having an after-death communication. That is, a visiting postmaterial loved one may be mistaken for a ‘ghost’ because of fear and misinformed beliefs.
Helen from Germany shared the following fascinating story about this:
For three months after my son-in-law passed over, there was an eerie sense of cold about the house. I heard heavy footsteps outside my bedroom window and encountered many sleepless nights due to being poked and pulled at. I knew deep inside who it could be, but chose to ignore it and pray that tonight would be the night that I would get some rest. This was not to be and finally I had enough.
I looked at his photo with tears streaming down my face and said to him, “Okay, baby, I know there’s something wrong and I will find someone who can help so that you can be at peace.”
As soon as I said that, the room felt suddenly warmer and brighter and a peace came over me that I can’t really explain. He had passed over so quickly and tragically that he had unresolved issues and hadn’t accepted his physical death. He only wanted somebody to help him and if I wasn’t so keen on denying his presence, I could’ve helped him sooner. I found a medium to help send him into the Light. Those incidents never occurred again.
What is the difference between ghosts and dear ‘departed’ ones who visit during after-death communications? Ghosts are considered to be in a kind of limbo between earth and the next plane of existence as a result of several possibilities: intense addictions; strong emotions such as revenge and anger; a sudden or violent death; and limited awareness with resistance to entering the Light.
Feeling stuck in this netherworld is like purgatory described by some religions. Ghosts can actually enter the Light anytime they choose, but may be afraid or ignorant about this possibility. Visitations by these forlorn spirits may feel scary or sad, be accompanied by physical coldness, and continue for a long time.
Their energy is characterized as being slower, looking darker, and feeling hopeless. Souls who visit during ADCs, on the other hand, usually make briefer visits and exude energies of peace, love, and joy. They are not stuck but, rather, have successfully made the transition into another realm are just visiting. Their visits are motivated by the desire to relay comfort and hope. Recipients of ADCs consider them to be sacred and are often transformed by the experience.
To learn about university-based investigations of ‘ghosts’, see my book Soul Proof.
Notions about this supposedly red-skinned, dual horned, and long-tailed being are hopelessly mired in ancient misunderstandings. As a youth, I remembered hearing Old Testament accounts about ‘the devil’ wrestling with ‘God’. Other stories described ‘the devil’ wagering with ‘God’ if he – ‘the devil’ – could tempt Job by making him suffer. Those seemed strange to me them and even more so now.
Yes, I am added single quotations marks to the word God. Why? To differentiate between:
- Ancient concepts of ‘God’ as a huge, white haired and bearded fellow who sits upon a throne way up in the sky. These images came directly from Greek and Roman mythology, yet some in the 21stcentury still accept them without question. This version of Creator is potentially vengeful, judgmental, and – despite being all loving – may condemn much of His creation to a fiery eternal hell. Yes, I know, schizophrenic.
- ELGOD, my current favorite term for the Creator and Sustainer of all life. Look at the sky on a clear night and realize this is just a fraction of the physically visible part of all that exists. The acronym ELGOD stands for ‘the universal Energizing, Loving, Guiding, Organizing, and Designing process that is behind all life, that is all life, and of which we each are integral, infinite, eternal, and beloved parts.’
Why is that distinction important? Because, by definition, there is no formidable evil and negative power that can oppose ELGOD. This realization helps us evolve beyond ‘God and the devil’ wrestling mentality and the accompanying fears and misunderstandings.
‘Devil’ and related words – Satan, Lucifer, etc. – are still used by very conservative and fundamentalist religious denominations and cults to describe a supposed embodiment of evil that is nearly as powerful as Creator. Original Aramaic meanings for the concept of devil included ‘wild, chaotic and imbalanced energy.’ During the Dark Ages, images of the devil morphed into an actual powerful being opposed to the Light. A huge, red and powerful man with a tail, horns, and pitchfork is still considered to be real by some people.
The idea of a literal ‘devil’ was, however, never seriously considered by mainstream theologians, religious denominations, and most religions. While it may be convenient to blame your or the world’s problems on a huge diabolical being, contemporary evidence does not support its existence.
I do believe in angels and there is extensive empirical evidence for them. So it’s at least theoretically possible that there is such a thing as a fallen angel. However, even such a relatively powerful being — when compared to humans – has little influence on those who are firmly aligned with ELGOD. This is especially so when you realize that you are part of this phenomenon right now, and live accordingly.
Imbalanced Entities (‘Evil Spirits’)
Regarding imbalanced entities, There is some anecdotal evidence – reports based on first person experience – that ‘evil spirits’ can negatively influence people on earth. Some people believe they have been physically and/or emotionally harmed by imbalanced entities. I’m not discounting their reports or minimizing the stresses they felt.
However, many of the cases I’ve heard of involve people who were intoxicated, addicted, very interested in the topic, or involved in satanic rituals. As such, there may be some aspect of opening oneself to lower energies and consciously or unconsciously inviting them in.
Original Aramaic meanings for the word ‘evil’ were the same as ‘devil’: wild, chaotic and imbalanced energy. Millennia ago, it was recognized by wise teachers that love, peace, gratitude, joy and enthusiasm are the highest energy emotions. Those who focus on their eternal nature and oneness with Source have nothing to fear from imbalanced persons – whether living on earth or elsewhere – who are fearful, less evolved, and relatively weak.
Soul-utions (holistic solutions for spiritually awakening people)
To prevent encountering stuck PMPs and imbalanced entities. . .
- Optimally care for yourself holistically. See my book Radiant Wellnessto learn how.
- Do not invite them into your life, even as a parlor game. Note: this is different from facilitating visits from ‘departed’ loved ones via an evidential medium, the SoulPhone technology, and other ways discussed in article #9 at SoulProof.com.
- Remember who you are, live accordingly, and don’t spend any time thinking or worrying about them.
- Shield yourself daily with prayers and affirmations. Visualize a cocoon of white light that protects you and only lets in good and loving energies.
- Focus on steps (a) – (f) below as part of your self-care program.
For those who may have already attracted‘ghosts’ and/or ‘evil spirits’, I suggest:
- Pray for guidance and assistance. Establish relationships with the Light, your angels, guides, and master teachers – or whatever term you prefer for these higher energy beings. As many people can attest, ‘Seek and it shall be given to you, ask and you shall find.’ So seek and ask.
- Avoid alcohol and drug intoxication. During his near-death experience, George Ritchie MD saw intoxicated humans surrounded by ‘spirits’ who were addicted while on earth.
- Don’t let yourself perseverate on lower energy emotions such as hatred, anger, bitterness, sadness, and hopelessness. When you find yourself focusing on these, mentally say ‘STOP’ and consciously choose to pay more attention to positive and happy thoughts. (See the A.R.T. technique article at SoulProof.com.
- In the name of love, exert your will and forcefully say: “You must leave now. You are from the Light, I am from Light. All life comes from Love and Light.”
- Pray, meditate, spend time in nature, attend an open-hearted church or spiritual center, and serve others.
- Avoid any addiction involving excess gambling, pornography, sexual promiscuity, materialism, over-emphasis on appearing youthful, etc. That is important for you personally and removes the possibility of attracting lower energy beings who may try to ‘get their fix’ by attaching to you.
- Fine-tune yourself holistically using information in my book Radiant Wellness.
- Smudge your house by burning sage or sweet grass and praying. If necessary, engage the services of a minister, shaman, or energy practitioner who clears stuck energies.
I hope this article allays your concerns and fears about lower energy beings. As always, the best advice is to learn who you are, why you are here, and Who walks beside / within you always. Then live a life filled with love, peace, joy, service, gratitude, enthusiasm, clarity, and power.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
That life continues beyond bodily death has now been scientifically demonstrated. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, founder of Greater Reality Living Groups,and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit About Dr. Mark Pitstickfor his full bio.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
1. Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing (on SoulProof.comhome page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows (top tab of SoulProof.com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Soul Proof Newsletterswith information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit SoulProof.com
2. Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.
These Transformational Audio Productsuse deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
3. Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
4. Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.comand SoulPhone.org.
5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. SoulPhone Foundation Membership and Newsletters:Receive research and development updates on this life and world transformative spirit communication technology being developed at the Laboratory for Advancement in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona. A prototype of the first device, the SoulSwitch, is reliably functioning as of autumn 2018 and has demonstrated the reality of life beyond death of the human body. As you might imagine, many wonderful benefits accompany that knowledge. To receive updates, join the newsletter at SoulPhone.org or GreaterRealityLiving.com.
7. Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.