The Love-Acceptance-Forgiveness Technique
by Mark Pitstick, MA, DC
The Love-Acceptance-Forgiveness Technique is a powerful way to heal old wounds, release the past, and enjoy present moment living. This approach usually works well whether the person causing past suffering is on earth or has passed on. Here are instructions for using this healing and transformational technique.
I recommend using it once or twice a week for a few weeks. When you notice there isn’t as much impetus for using it, decrease the frequency. Eventually, you will go through old layers of hurt, pain, and sadness. Then the lower energy emotions will be released and available for using in higher ways.
Get relaxed by sitting in a quiet environment and focusing on your breathing for a few minutes. With each exhalation, let your muscles relax more and more. Say a prayer or set an intention that this approach will help you heal old wounds. As with any visualization technique, use as many senses as possible to increase its effectiveness: feel, hear, see and know as clearly as you can.
With your eyes closed, picture a person who has hurt you. You can visualize him in any way: as a little baby, as he appeared at the time, as he looks now, or lying in a coffin. Imagine yourself saying, “I forgive you for what you did to me.” You can make your statement general or specific. It doesn’t matter if you feel forgiveness toward him yet or not. Just say it, whether you really mean it or not.
Then silently say, “I accept what happened. It’s in the past and I can’t change it.” See yourself accepting what happened instead of carrying that millstone around your neck forever. Finally, it’s time for the most difficult one: say I love you. This is not an expression of affection or condoning what he did to you. It is a recognition that we all do the best we can given our awareness at the time. You can say something as general as, “I love you as a part of the creation.”
Next, imagine the person who hurt you expressing love, acceptance, and forgiveness to you. Again, you may visualize him anyway that feels best. If you had any role in the problem, see him saying: “I forgive you for your part in this.” Then visualize him saying, “I accept what has happened. I wish I could go back and change it, but I can’t.” Finally, hear or see him saying, “I love you as a part of the creation.”
You may need to repeat this a few times with that person using different words or images. At some point, you won’t feel any unfinished business although you might later. Do this with as many people who pop up.
Now comes the hard part. . . use the same approach with yourself.
See yourself as you are now working with an earlier version of you that needs some work. Express the same love, acceptance, and forgiveness toward your younger self. Then visualize your earlier form expressing the same to your current self.
Hating, holding on to the past, and blaming others or yourself waste so much precious time and energy. There’s a better way. The Love- Acceptance-Forgiveness Technique allows you to integrate all parts of yourself so you are operating on full power.
You may have noticed that the first three letters of love, acceptance, and forgiveness are LAF. You can laugh, learn, and love more by using this technique on a regular basis. You don’t have to carry around the past anymore. You deserve to be happy, healthy, and energetic now and the world needs your brightest light and greatest gifts.
NOTE: Dr. Pitstick created the ‘Love, Acceptance, & Forgiveness’ technique audio product. To learn more, click on the blue link.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope this article and associated action steps will help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life and love are forever. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and webinar / workshop facilitator. He directs The Soul Phone Foundation and founded Greater Reality Living Groups. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is happening to or around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit SoulProof.com for free articles, newsletters, and radio interviews with top consciousness experts.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can not fully answer complex questions from individuals. However, he has created resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions for your toughest challenges.
- Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
* Radio Shows (top tab of SoulProof.com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
2. Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.
Twelve Transformational Audio Products use deep relaxation / hypnosis, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
- Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
- Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.comand SoulPhone.org.
5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. Greater Reality Living/ SoulPhone Newslettersto receive updates about university-based experiments that definitively demonstrate life continues after bodily death. Enjoy discussions about how you might live — and treat yourself and others — differently now that afterlife survival has been scientifically shown.
7. Coaching / Counseling Session: these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching / Counseling Session
Disclaimer: This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-seven years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.