If your human form died today, what would your life review be like?
(Please notice that I didn’t ask ‘if YOU died today’ since your real self doesn’t die, just the earthly shell.)
You can find out with the Life Review technique. You can identify how you could have done better and make amends to improve your life now. Doing that now will make your life reviewfeel much more heavenlywhen you do pass on.
What is a life review? You’ve no doubt heard about people who nearly died and came back to tell about it. These near-death experiences (NDEs) have been reported by approximately 20 million people in the U.S. alone. Ken Ring Ph.D. estimates that about ten thousand documented NDEsexist.
A documented NDE means that clinically dead persons have perceived events that occurred while their body was being resuscitated. During clinical death, one or more of the following occur: the heart stops beating in a regular rhythm as measured by electrocardiogram, the lungs quit breathing, and/or the brain no longer functions in a normal way as demonstrated by electro-encephalogram. During that time, patients have their eyes closed and are often in an emergency room or intensive care unit.
Despite all of the above, many people considered clinically dead have been aware of events occurring in the resuscitation room, adjacent areas, outside, and even on top of the hospital. After patients are revived – and before they can learn any information from family – they correctly describe detailed events that occurred during the NDE. What’s more, some documented NDEs have been reported by blind persons!
As such, strong evidence indicates that NDEs are not just imaginary or wishful thinking. Nor can they be explained by lack of oxygen as some misinformed critics maintain. How could lack of oxygen allow a dying person to see an auto accident that occurred outside the hospital and later accurately describe details of the wreck?
Common components of a NDE include: going through a tunnel; seeing bright light; hearing heavenly music; encountering angelic figures; being greeting by beloved ‘departed’ family, friends, and pets; receiving a healing shower; and having a life review.
The life review is not a passive observation of your life but, rather, an active experience in which you see, hear and feel the immediate and long-term results of every thought, word, and deed. For example, if you beat up someone when you were younger, you may choose to experience how bad that felt to the person you hurt. This is not a punishment from a vengeful God; it is a great way to learn how you can best live and treat yourself and others.
It’s been said that, during your final moments on earth, what you planned to do while on earthflashes before your eyes. Then what you actually didappears as a review. Finally, you—not someone else—judge how you did. Did you accomplish your goals? And, most importantly, what changes can you make nowto improve your life review when you actually pass on?
The Aramaic language was commonly used during the time when three major religions – Judaism, Christianity, and Islam – formed in the Middle East. Aramaic words for ‘heaven’ and ‘hell’ meant, in part, how you feel after you die and look back on your life.
In original teachings, heaven and hell were not considered to be separate places – one way up in the sky, the other deep down in the earth. Rather they represented what your life review was like. When your thoughts, words, and deeds were mostly good – no one is perfect – you experienced a more heavenly state of consciousness. When you ‘missed the mark’ – an original meaning of the word ‘sin’ – you felt disappointed in yourself and ashamed about the pain you caused others. When you saw and felt their suffering, it seemed like hell for awhile.
The Life Review Technique (LRT) is a potentially transformative approach that combines insights from near-death experiences and university-based clinical research. The LRT uses very deep relaxation and visual imagery to simulate dying and how it might feel when you replay your time on earth. This process can shape your life for the better now. It can help you focus on your priorities and purposes for being on earth at this time.
This technique was originally developed by Ken Ring Ph.D., professor emeritus at the University of Connecticut, and author of Lessons from the Light. Dr. Ring interviewed many people who had near-death experiences and found that the life-review was one of the most impactful aspects of the NDE. Further, he found that you do not have to nearly die to benefit from a life-review. That is, visualizing your life’s events during a deeply relaxed state can create powerful positive changes. Dr. Ring, now retired, gave me permission to share this technique.
There are two ways you can review your life now:
1.Mini Life Review
This can be done just before going to sleep. Breathe deeply and relax your mind for a few moments. Say a prayer or state the intention to clearly review:
- Significant events of the day
- how you could have done better
- how you made others feel – for better or worse
- what amends you can make and how
- what you commit to doing better tomorrowThe Life Review Techniquehttps://www.soulproof.com/product/life-review-technique/
Disclaimer: Discuss using this technique with your doctor or therapist beforehand ifyou have a history of significant mental illness.
The LRT can transcend usual human conceptions of time and space. For example, you may see your life unfold all at once and, at the same time, in a chronological order. Likewise, you may experience your past actions as though you are back in time and reliving it. Or, you may view it impassively, as though you are watching a virtual reality movie.
During a NDE, clinically dead persons are attended to by higher energy beings that comfort and assist the life-review. With this support team, souls can watch their life as though watching it on a DVD player. They can fast-forward through humiliating or gory scenes; they can replay scenes for further study; they can stop the viewing to take a break or get recharged before proceeding.
If you are truly sorry for inappropriate actions in the past, those can be erased and reformatted in the way you could have acted (not should have, for there is no outside judgment here). One original Aramaic meaning of the word ‘repent’ was: say you are sorry, make amends, and do better the next time.
The life-review technique can help you more deeply realize your inter-connectedness with all life and why the Golden Rule makes obvious sense.
During the session, don’t be attached to my words if you have a different sensory orientation. I will alternately use descriptive verbs of see, feel, or hear; use whatever sense modality works best for you.
The nature of the after-death journey can vary greatly depending on your beliefs, state of awareness/consciousness at the time of physical death, how many times you’ve gone through the process of dying, and other factors. I’ll describe a generic sequence of events, but feel free to experience other possibilities that pop up.
Remember that making amends and positive changes now can have major benefits for your life in the future and when you really pass on.
The audio-product allows you to enjoy the session at home and share with others. You also can record your responses if that doesn’t interfere with deep relaxation.
Recommendations before using the Life Review Technique
– Be completely rested since deep relaxation is very conducive to sleep. For that reason, I recommend sitting up instead of lying down during the session.
– Eat a light, healthy meal beforehand so you aren’t hungry or have low blood sugar.
– Avoid all but minimal caffeine or sugar for 24 hours before the sessions.
– Don’t use alcohol or recreational drugs for at least three days beforehand.
– Get as relaxed as possible before the experience.
– Wear comfortable clothing that will not bind as you sit still for 45 minutes.
– Bring lip salve to prevent dry lips during the open-mouth breathing.
– Drink some water and use the bathroom just before your session.
– Turn off any phones, pagers, or other potentially interrupting devices
– Don’t worry about coughing, sneezing, or clearing your throat. These noises need not interfere with your deeply relaxed state. Similarly, shift in your chair or scratch if you need to. That doesn’t mean you’re not deeply relaxed.
– Set an intention to learn just what you need at this time to greatly improve your life.
– Remember that your experiences may be subtle or dramatic. Suspend judgment by your analytical brain—there are no wrong answers.
Recommendations for after the session
– Enjoy some quiet time to internalize your lessons, insights, and inner peace.
– Be careful and really focus if you drive soon afterwards.
– Keep a journal to note any additional insights that arrive in dream or waking states.
Note:You will only need to listen to the introduction track once or twice. After that, you can proceed directly to track 2 for the Life Review Technique session.
I encourage you to use the Life Review Technique on a regular basis until you feel you’ve processed the past, then occasionally as a maintenance practice. You deserve to experience heaven here and in the hereafter,and the world needs your best and brightest self.
That life continues beyond bodily death has been scientifically demonstrated. Shall we now live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, founder of Greater Reality Living Community Groups, and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit SoulProof.com for free articles, newsletters, and radio interviews with top consciousness experts.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
1. Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing (on SoulProof.com home page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows (top tab of SoulProof.com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Newsletters with information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit SoulProof.com
2. Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.
These Transformational Audio Products use deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
3. Books and documentary film: these (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
5. Greater Reality Living Community Groups: Dr. Pitstick founded these local and online groups to share information from him, Dr. Gary Schwartz, and other experts on consciousness and holistic wellness topics. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Community Groups.
6. Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.