by Mark Pitstick MA, DC
Upgrading yourself in body, mind, and spirit can be quicker and easier than you think. I’ve made this journey and helped many people reach radiant wellness. This article can serve as a simple but powerful blueprint for you to do the same.
Why is it important to fine-tune yourself holistically? Here are just some of the reasons . . .
a. You are a timeless being of energy, light, and information who is visiting earth to serve, have adventures, grow / evolve, and enjoy. However, it’s very difficult to remember and demonstrate this when you are chronically tired, anxious, depressed, ill, obese, or otherwise imbalanced. These and other symptoms are now very common in all age groups.
b. The underlying causes of these symptoms are well understood. (see a list of these in chapter 3 of Greater Reality Living co-authored by me and Gary E. Schwartz PhD) Making the recommended changes described in this article will begin improving the quality and likely quantity of your life.
c. You deserve to enjoy a heavenly level of living here and in the hereafter.
d. Being a positive change agent requires time, energy, and focus.The world needs your greatest gifts; you can best share those when you are truly well.
e. Healthy nervous and endocrine system are very helpful in perceiving more of the greater reality – the totality of life. These systems are weak and stressed in many people so they can’t react to life with their full vitality and clarity. Just look around you.
f. Glimpsing more of the big picture of life helps answer vital questions so you can enjoy your earthly visit and do what you – as a infinite being – came here to do. The practices listed in this article will increase your awareness.
If you are ready to enjoy a much higher level of living, here are the steps . . .
- Pray, intend, and/or affirm daily. Depending on your religious beliefs, you may talk to Source Energy / God / One Mind – whatever you call the creator and sustainer of all life. For those who see all life as One, this may be like talking with yourself and sending out healing and loving energies. Take a few minutes to do this before going to sleep, and whenever you need to remember you have everything needed to handle all life’s challenges with style.
- Meditate. If prayer is like talking with the All That Is, meditate is listening. See article #51 at SoulProof.com to learn more about this key to vibrant living. I’ve meditated on most days for 45 years and consider it time gained, not lost.
- Activity. Just three hours per week is required for stretching, aerobic exercise, and resistance training. See my book Radiant Wellness for a description of the stretches and different ways you can achieve aerobic and strength training. It doesn’t have to be a very difficult or long program, but it does need to be done on a regular basis.
- Rest. Most people need about 8 hours of sleep per night. The hours of rest before midnight are considered to be most restorative so fall asleep by at least 10:30pm most nights. When your body tells you it’s tired, get a nap or go to bed earlier that night. Rest is widely known to be one of the most important factors for feeling, looking, and being your very best.
- Decrease electronic stimulation. Excessive time on the computer, watching TV, and playing video games can become addictive. Your brain can get used to being stimulated by so much information, graphic images, loud music, and more. Then it craves more of the same. Parents, this is especially important for children; they don’t yet know what’s best for them so please do your job. Being a good parent now sets the stage for being dear friends later.
- Benefit from a holistic health care team.After 47 years of working in different health care settings, my recommendations include: specific spinal and cranial adjustments, acupuncture, nutritional healing (see below for more info), deep tissue massage, and an integrative medical doctor who understands and considers natural care as well as drug and surgical intervention.
- Detoxify your body. Encountering excess chemicals and heavy metals is unavoidable. However, you can minimize exposure to these and regularly remove them from your system. Your brain and hormonal organs are especially vulnerable to these toxins. You also need to remove waste products, especially if you are not yet enjoying the real food way of eating.
The best way I know to do this is the Standard Process Purification Program. (Standard Process.com) This 21 day program safely and powerfully detoxifies your liver, lymphatic system, bowel, and other eliminative organs. (Note: this and other whole food nutritional products are only supposed to be available through licensed health care professionals. They may be online but could be cheap and possibly harmful imitations.)
- Enjoy the Holistic Breathing Technique. This is the single most powerful way I know to release old wounds, fears, and emotional trauma. In addition, it stimulates the lymphatic system and deeply oxygenates your body. I’ve used it several hundred times over the last twenty years and have facilitated it with thousands of people in groups. To learn more, visit https://www.soulproof.com/product/holistic-breathing/
- Get a personalized nutritional healing evaluation. See articles # 32, 33, 37, and 38 to learn more about this incredible healing approach. In short, this program removes bad things such as excess heavy metals, chemicals, microorganisms, etc., and provides good things such as targeted nutrients for the organs involved. Over time, the body can often heal itself of any named disease. In my 47 years experience in health care fields, this is the single most impressive healing approach I’ve seen.
Do you and your loved ones a huge favor and use this now and throughout your earthly experience. To find a practitioner in your area, visit www.unsinc.info or www.icakusa.com.
- Ask Your Soul. Replicated scientific demonstrations have shown, as of 2019, that life continues after bodily death. This research has been directed by Dr. Gary Schwartz at the University of Arizona’s Laboratory for Advances in Consciousness and Health. Our names for what survives death include consciousness, energy, and information – also termed info-energy. In short, everything about a person appears to survive except the deceased outer shell. More religious names for this timeless essence of a person include soul or spirit.
I created a technique using deep relaxation / hypnosis and visual imagery to help people communicate with this inner wisdom. After quieting the mind, many people have been able to gather useful information about all aspects of their life: health, relationships, spiritual path, financial abundance, and more. There is also time allowed for a ‘fill in the blank’ topic and build your awareness of ‘departed’ loved ones who are likely very near. To learn more about this technique, visit https://www.soulproof.com/product/ask-your-soul/
- Take maintenance whole food supplements. Many so-called nutritional supplements are:
– synthetic: created in a laboratory from non-food or poorly absorbable sources
– fractionated: contain a relatively few vitamins or minerals versus the hundreds of those and co-factors found in living food
– high dosage: excessively high levels of nutrients that have never been taken from natural sources versus low doses available in real food
– non-bioavailable: the body poorly absorbs and utilizes these supplements
These synthetic, fractionated, and high dose supplements have been shown in university studies to create more illness and death than those who didn’t take any supplements. They are cheaper than whole food supplements and for good reason. For example, some B vitamins are made from coal tar and calcium supplements from limestone.
Decades ago, the topsoil was rich and contained many nutrients. Now it is usually nutrient deficient and the plants are sprayed with chemicals. Agribusiness practices are directly hurting the quality and quantity of life for you and your loved ones. That’s why it’s so important to follow the real food way of eating (see #12) and take maintenance whole food supplements.
As mentioned under #7, I highly recommend products from Standard Process that has produced quality supplements since 1929. These whole food nutritional products are only supposed to be available through licensed health care professionals. Visit their website at www.StandardProcess.com to find a practitioner near you. Or you can order from me at email@example.com using Patient Direct.
The most common maintenance program includes:
- Catalyn, a multivitamin and mineral product
- Cod Liver Oil or Tuna Omega Oil containing omega-3 oil, vitamins D, F, and more
- Trace Minerals B12: vital minerals and vitamin B12
Depending on your situation, you may also want nutritional support for certain organs or conditions, for example:
- Zypan or Multizyme for optimal digestive support
- Thyroid supplements for women with chronic thyroid imbalances
- Adrenal support if you have been and/or continue to be under a lot of stress
- Pituitary (master endocrine gland) support for women with peri-menopausal symptoms such as hot flashes/sweats/mood swings
- Extra calcium for healthy hair, skin, and nails
- Bone meal, calcium, D, and other nutrients to prevent or reverse bone loss
- Enjoy the real food way of eating. Eat the Healing Phase (see below) for just 90 days and enjoy many probably benefits such as weight loss, improvement in lab values, increased energy, and decreased symptoms. Your improvement will be even more marked if you take whole food nutritional supplements. Then you can start the Maintenance Phase – eating very healthy most of the time but occasionally whatever you want.
For some, this will be a big change so don’t feel like you have to change everything over night. It’s best to prepare ahead so you can follow the healing phase strictly for 90 days. If you can’t do that for some reason, make incremental changes; enjoy the boost in energy and feeling better, then make additional improvements.
Use all of these steps for just 90 days and then email me at firstname.lastname@example.org to let me know how you are doing. You deserve to feel happy, healthy, and energetic AND the world needs your greatest gifts so just do it.
Real Food Way of Eating: Healing Phase
This approach is needed as a person addresses significant health problems, overweight, and imbalances. Strictly follow these guidelines for only 90 days. Most people can then graduate to the Wellness Phase that involves eating healthfully 90 – 95% of the time. (That means you can occasionally eat small amounts of whatever you want.)
This phase is very low in sugar. Why? Excess sugar can cause overweight, inflammation, insulin resistance, metabolic syndrome, increased cholesterol and triglyceride levels, diabetes, and increased microorganism growth. Heavy metals and chemicals reside inside these microorganisms and are also stored in fat. Excess carbs – as you know – are converted to sugar that, in turn, may be stored as fat. That’s why.
We recommend green powders, protein powders, and protein bars from Standard Process, Garden of Life, or Vibrant Living. The whole food supplements listed are from Standard Process and MediHerb.
- Eat fresh and unprocessed foods that are chemical-free, non-GMO, and healthfully raised.
- Read labels and AVOID the following: sugar, wheat, soy, corn, hydrogenated oils, artificial sweeteners, and high fructose corn Also AVOID meat, eggs, or dairy from unhealthily raised sources
- If it’s not on the list below, don’t eat it for 90 days.
Protein: 2 servings per day
- Meat: wild caught fish; pasture-raised chicken, turkey, beef, or buffalo; wild No cured meats. Serving size is the size and thickness of your palm.
- Eggs: 2 – 3 whole eggs plus 1 – 2 egg whites for more protein
- Dairy: from certified raw or organic, flash pasteurized pasture-raised sources
- Protein powder from plant or whey for smoothies
- Protein bars with plant or whey-sourced protein and low carbs
- Vitality Drink (see below) for plant and seed sources of protein
- Grain and legume combination for complementary amino acids
Note: Use rice, almond, or coconut milk but not soy
Vegetables: unlimited amounts allowed, but at least 4 – 6 servings per day
- eat vegetables raw, juiced, steamed, lightly sautéed, or in soups
- avoid the starchy (high sugar) varieties: white potatoes, corn, yams, peas
- eat at least one raw vegetable salad per day
- green powder with a variety of grasses, vegetables, and sprouts
- for dressing: use cold pressed oil with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice; homemade with organic ingredients; or good brands such as Haines, Annie’s, and Newman’s
Raw Nuts & Seeds: 1 – 2 servings per day of RAW almonds, pecans, walnuts, or macadamia nuts; chia, hemp, pumpkin, sunflower, sesame, and flax seeds. These are best eaten after soaking for 20 minutes. Visit TheRawtarian.com for additional information about sprouting.
Healthy Fats: healthy fats and oils: pasture-raised butter, ghee, coconut butter, avocado, eggs; olive, grape seed, walnut, sesame, safflower, and coconut oils
Legumes: adzuki, pinto, black, garbanzo, fava, edamame, soy, red kidney, and lima beans; black eyed peas, lentils. Dried organic legumes soaked overnight before cooking are better than canned. Legumes are also great sprouted.
Grains: 0 – 1 serving of grains or legumes per day depending on your health status and weight loss goals. Organic sprouted grain bread and cereal. Wheat-free grains, crackers and pasta from brown rice, quinoa, amaranth, or millet.
Fruit: 1 serving per day of low glycemic varieties: raspberries, strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and Granny Smith apples
Sweeteners: 0 – 1 serving per day of stevia, xylitol or agave; no artificial sweeteners
Condiments: natural herbs and spices; Borsari and Celtic Sea Salt; no or low sugar brands of mustard, catsup and meat sauces
Beverages: pure water with lemon and lime added if desired; herbal teas; 1 – 2 cups of organic coffee or tea per day
Health Drinks: see ‘Health Drinks’ handout below
The real food way of eating is how humans have always eaten until food industries destroyed nutrients and brainwashed consumer choices via advertising. You now have a choice to make. What is more important to you? Eating the way that is more convenient and temporarily stimulates your taste buds and brain that are addicted to sugar and chemicals? Or making some changes and feeling happy, healthy and energetic again?
Real Food Way of Eating: Wellness Phase
When you are healthy and have reached your desired weight, you are ready for the wellness phase. The keys? Eat the Healing Real Food Way of Eating 90 – 95% of the time.
This lifetime way of eating follows the 90 Day Healing approach 90 – 95% of the time and allows you to enjoy an occasional sweet or junk food. Your body will let you know if you are eating too much junk too often. Once you feel great and happy nearly all the time, you can use that yardstick to monitor whether you are sufficiently following dietary and other laws of health. If your health status and weight allow, you can now have:
- Occasional starchy carbs: white potatoes, corn, yams, peas
- Two servings of grains or legumes per day
- Two servings of fruit per day, primarily low and moderate with occasional high glycemic varieties
- Dairy products if your weight and health status tolerate them
- Healthier snacks two or three times a week: fruit sweetened cookies; dark chocolate with 70 percent or higher cocoa content; popcorn; muffins or fruit cobbler made with gluten-free grains, nuts, fruit, and natural sweeteners; potato or sweet potato chips; cold processed whole food bars with about 18 grams of plant or whey protein and 5 net grams of carbs.
- Junk food rarely: pizza, ice cream, decadent dessert, etc. You’ll feel worse, gain weight, and go backwards in your well-being if you eat too much too often.
Again, if this way of eating sounds boring, just consider what is more important: feeling, looking and being your very best or eating whatever you want and being like the average person?
42 ounces pure water, scoop of GardenofLife.com (GOL) Raw Greens, ½ lemon, 1 stalk celery, 3-inch section cucumber, ½ tsp. Sea or Himalayan salt, 4 Hawaiian spirulina tablets, 4 chlorella tablets, handful spinach leaves, 1 TB pumpkin seeds, 1 TB sunflower seeds, 1 TB hemp seeds, 1 TB chia seeds, 1 TB black sesame seeds, 1 carrot, 1/4 small beet, ½ apple, few sprigs of parsley, 2 inch piece of turmeric, 2 inch piece of ginger, handful of sunflower and/or kale sprouts. Makes 64 ounces of nutrient-dense drink with extraordinary energy and satiety.
32 ounces water, 8 ounces berries, 40 grams raw plant-based protein powder from GOL or StandardProcess.com (SP), 1 TB flax seeds, 1 TB Calcifood Powder and 1 tspn Calcium Lactate powder (SP), 1 TB collagen from Great Lakes Gelatin, handful raw nuts, ice; 1 TB coconut oil (two if memory loss) unless you drink Butter Tea/Coffee
24 ounces water, 3 TB almonds, 1 TB coconut butter, 1 TB cacao nibs or powder, 1 tspn Lacuma powder, ½ tspn Mesquite powder, dash of cinnamon, dash of sea salt. Makes 32 ounces or two servings.
Green Tea: 16 ounces water, serving of green tea, 1/2 tspn raw local honey
Breakfast Butter Tea/Coffee
16 ounces pure water with tea or coffee, 1 tspn pasture-raised butter, 1 tspn MCT oil or, if your weight and lab values are good, Artisana coconut butter.
Bedtime Tea (If crave sweets at bedtime and/or have trouble staying asleep)
12 ounces water, relaxing herbal tea, dash cinnamon or other spice, ½ tspn raw honey, and 1 tspn raw coconut butter and/or pasture raised butter.
1. the first three drinks are best made with Vitamix blender (VitaMix.com) A certified used model is about $300. It lasts forever and is a great investment.
2. all ingredients should be raw, non-GMO, and organic (chemical free). These drinks provide a wealth of nutrients in convenient and tasty ways.
3. ThriveMarket.com and Amazon.com are great sources of many of the dry ingredients.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, reassured, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life continues after bodily death! Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and webinar / workshop facilitator. He directs The Soul Phone Foundation, founded Greater Reality Living Groups, and assists research on the SoulPhone Project (SoulPhone.org).
Dr. Pitstick’s goal is to help you know and show– no matter what is happening to or around you – that this earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst eternity. Visit SoulProof.com for free articles, newsletters, and radio interviews with top consciousness experts.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can not answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
1. Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
a. Articles for Transformation and Healing (on SoulProof.com home page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
b. Radio Shows (top tab of SoulProof.com ) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
c. Newsletterswith information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit SoulProof.com
2. Audio Products – CDs and digital downloadable versions – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.
These Transformational Audio Products use deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
3. Books and Documentary: these (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you more deeply realize and demonstrate that:
a. you are a forever being of energy / consciousness
b. the many wonderful benefits of realizing this
c. how to reflect this great news in every aspect of your life — even when confronted with big challenges and changes
4. Webinars and Workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.com and SoulPhone.org.
5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick founded these local and online groups to share information from him, Dr. Gary Schwartz, and other experts on consciousness and holistic wellness topics. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. Coaching/Counseling Session: these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching / Counseling Session
Disclaimer: This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. Dr. Pitstick’s remarks are based on his personal experiences and forty-seven years of training and serving many thousands of people. Extensive clinical, scientific, and experiential evidence supports much, but not all, of what he teaches. His current understandings may change over time. He does not claim to have all the answers or the only answers; he encourages you to examine this information and decide what makes the most sense to you.