Let’s face it, life on Earth is not easy at times. Some consider this planet to be one of the toughest places to live in the Universe.
Difficulties in life are relative. For one person, that might include being paralyzed, molested, battling drug and alcohol addiction, or a loved one dying.
For another, it may be an ill child, relationship struggles, health problems, or financial difficulties. On a personal and global level, there can be many challenges. You know what I’m talking about. But it doesn’t have to stay that way. And your inner light can always shine through brightly no matter what your current situation or what is going on around you.
The great news is that you live in an exciting time when much documented clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence clearly shows that life is forever.
This data clearly indicates that your physical body is less than 1% of who and what you are. The rest—the love, energy, light, intelligence, consciousness, spirit—is indestructible, wise, powerful, and infinite.
Further, your essence is inextricably intertwined with All That Is. That means you are one with the One right now—not maybe, someday.
How does this contemporary information—that corroborates wise spiritual and religious teachings across time and cultures—change your response to challenges?
Here are eight keys to remember when going through tough times . . .
1. You’re not alone: That’s true in two ways. First, everyone suffers at some time or another. It’s just part of this earthly cruise package you signed up for. So welcome to the human race. Secondly, you are literally surrounded by the Light and your spiritual support team—angels, guides, master teachers, soul mates—whatever you call them. So remember that you aren’t alone even during your darkest moments.
2. Your suffering is time limited: Even a one-hundred year earthly incarnation is just a blink of an eye in the span of eternity. I know that just one day can seem like forever when you feel mired in pain or sadness. But this human life is so transient, so brief—so hang in there and know it’s just for a while.Look for the silver lining to life’s clouds when you are hip-deep in misery. Some-day, maybe very soon, you will see that it was all worth the temporary pain.
3. You, as a soul, chose these scenarios: God doesn’t put suffering on you; that would make It a cruel dictator or puppet-master. This is a free-will universe. Much clinical evidence and wise spiritual teachings agree that, before coming to Earth, you volunteered for certain challenges. Why? For the service and growth opportunities. To grow in love and enjoy the adventures as you temporarily forget who you are. To expand Life’s knowledge base.This does not, by the way, infer determinism because you always have a choice.
4. You have everything you need: The same Intelligence and Energy that created universes also courses within you. You are part of Source Energy now and forevermore. Challenges can help you recall your divine nature. They help you awaken to who you really are and all that you can do. Aim for a great life, but when tough times arrive, remember that you possess limit-less potential and amazing abilities. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.
5. Difficulties, tragedies and challenges are opportunities: When life gets tough, you are more likely to ask important questions and reach down deep to discover all that you are. Ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and other languages captured the dual nature of difficulties, that they are also opportunities. Challenges create exquisite opportunities to grow, serve others, appreciate the little things in life. It’s easily worth the price of admission.
6. That which does not kill me makes me stronger: Nietzsche said that, but I’d modify it a bit: “Nothing can kill you, but life’s challenges can make you stronger.” Of course it’s natural to prefer avoiding tragedy and disappoint-ments. But when those enter your life, see them for what they are and bless them. Look at the stars, not the mud, and know it’s all good, it’s all God. Look for the doors that open when others close, doors you wouldn’t have seen if it weren’t for the “bad” things.
7. There’s a rhyme and reason for all things: The Bible says, “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Many other wisdom sources have echoed this truth. Consider all the minute details that had to align for you to be where you are right now and experiencing what you are. Is that a random and chaotic process, or a lawful one with meaning and purpose? Only you can decide what makes the most sense to you, but the collective evidence indicates the latter is the way Life works.
8. Life on Earth is an adventure: Humans love adventure stories and movies so much because they remind us about why we are here. Before this physical earth-experience, your real self could see the big picture. You knew it was imminently worthwhile to struggle some because of all the benefits therein. But then you were born and, if you’re like most people, totally forgot the cosmic perspective. You forgot that you are a timeless, deathless being of energy who loves adventures and creating great stories. You are a knight in shining armor, a heroine who always wins in the end. So relax and enjoy life.
Think upon these things and consider examining your current challenges in a different light. Your earth-experience makes much more sense when you remember who you are, why you’re here, and Who walks beside/within you always.
Note: My products are designed to assist your journey toward healing and transformation. If you need a product, but cannot afford it, we will send you a digital copy at no charge.
Disclaimer: This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. Dr. Pitstick’s recommendations are based on forty-five years of training and experience in hospitals, pastoral counseling settings, mental health centers, and holistic chiropractic practice. Some of his statements are supported by clinical and scientific data while others are based on empirical evidence and his best current understandings.
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, clinical psychologist, chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is the director of The SoulPhone Foundation and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Mark can help you know and show — no matter what is going on around you — that your earth-experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit Soul Proof for free articles, newsletters, and radio shows with top consciousness experts. Email your toughest questions to him at firstname.lastname@example.org.