Let’s face it, life on earth is not easy at times. Some consider this planet to be one of the – if not the most – toughest places to live in the universe. You know what I’m talking about. But you can handle life’s toughest changes and challenges with style. Your inner light can always shine through brightlyno matter what your current situation or what is going on around you.
The great news is that you live in an exciting time when much documented clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence strongly indicates that life is forever. This data shows that your physical body is much less than 1% of who and what you are.
The rest—the love, energy, intelligence, memories, personality, knowledge, and more—is infinite and eternal. Further, indications are that your essence is inextricably intertwined with All That Is. That means you are one with the One right now—not maybe, someday.
(NOTE: I will not use the terms ‘departed, deceased, or dead’ since those have such strongly entrenched – and, according to much contemporary evidence – erroneous meanings about the end of life. Instead, I will use more accurate terms: changed worlds, passed on, physical or bodily death / die, orcrossed over. Other more factual descriptors for what happens after physical death include: transitioned / moved to the next phase of forever, reentered the field of all possibilities, dropped the body, andgraduated from earth-school.)
How does this contemporary information—that corroborates many wise spiritual and religious teachings across time and cultures—change your response to life’s challenges? Here are eight keys to remember when going through tough times . . .
- You’re not alone: That’s true in two ways. First, everyone suffers at some time or another. It’s just part of this earthly cruise package you signed up for so welcome to the human race. Secondly, you are literally surrounded by the Light and your Higher Energy Assistants—angels, guides, master teachers, soul mates, evolved energies—whatever you call them. Remember that you aren’t alone even during your darkest moments.
- Your suffering is time limited:Even a one-hundred year earthly incarnation is just a blink of an eye in the span of eternity. I know that one day can seem like forever when you feel mired in pain, sadness, and suffering. But your human experience is so transient. Hang in there and know it’s just for a while. Look for the silver lining to life’s clouds when you are hip deep in misery. Someday, maybe very soon, you will see that it was all worth the temporary pain.
- You likely chose difficult scenarios: God doesn’t arbitrarily rain down suffering upon you. That would reduce the Ground of All Being to a cruel dictator or puppet-master. Good clinical evidence and wise spiritual teachings agree that, before coming to earth,your soul may have volunteered for certain challenges.
Why? For the powerful opportunities to serve, learn, and grow. To grow in love and enjoy the adventures while you temporarily forget who you are. To expand Life’s knowledge base. This does not, by the way, infer determinism because you always have a choice. For more about this topic, see Article #25: Did My Soul REALLY Choose All This?
- You have everything you need: The same Intelligence and Energy that created universes courses within you. You are an integral part of Source Energy right now. Wrestling with life’s biggest changes and challenges can help you better recall your true nature. Put another way, searching and struggling can help you awaken to who you really are. Aim for a pleasant and wonderful life, by all means. But when tough times arrive, remember that you possess limitless potential and amazing abilities. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.
- Difficulties, tragedies and challenges are opportunities in disguise: When life gets tough, you are more likely to ask important questions and reach down deep to discover meaningful answers. Ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and other languages captured the dual nature of difficulties; they are also opportunities. Challenges create exquisite opportunities to grow, serve others, and appreciate the little things in life. It’s easily worth the price of admission.
I and eleven great minds on consciousness topics – Raymond Moody, Caroline Myss, Anita Moorjani, Gary Schwartz, and others – discuss this and other big questions in my book The Eleven Questions. https://www.soulproof.com/product/the-eleven-questions-book/
- That which does not kill me makes me stronger: Nietzsche said that, but I’d modify it a bit: “Nothing can kill you, but life’s challenges can make you stronger.” Of course it’s natural to preferavoiding disappointment and tragedy. But when those enter your life, see them for what they are and bless them. Look at the stars, not the mud, and know it’s all good, it’s all God. Look for the doors that open when others close, doors you wouldn’t have seen if it weren’t for the “bad” things.
- There’s a time and meaning for all things: The Biblesays, “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.” Other wisdom sources have echoed this truth. Consider all the minute details that had to align for you to be right where you are now and experiencing what you are. Is that a random and chaotic process, or a lawful one with meaning and purpose? Only you can decide what makes the most sense to you, but good evidence indicates the latter is the way Life unfolds.
- Life on Earth is an adventure: Humans love adventure stories and movies so much, in part, because they remind us why we are here. Before this earthly experience, your real self could see life’s big picture. You knew it was imminently worthwhile to struggle some because of all the benefits therein.
But then you were born and, if you’re like most people, totally forgot the greater reality perspective. You forgot that you are a timeless and deathless being of energy who loves creating great stories. You are a knight in shining armor, a hero or heroine who always wins in the end. So relax and enjoy life.
Think upon these things and consider examining your current challenges in a different light. This temporary visit to earth makes much more sense when you remember who you are, why you’re here, and Who walks beside / within you always.
* * * * * * *
Thank you for sharing this article with others who can use it. I hope that this article – and taking the action steps discussed – help you feel more happy, healthy, peaceful, clear, and energetic. You deserve to feel that way and the world needs your greatest gifts.
Life and love are forever. Shall we live accordingly?
Mark Pitstick, MA, DC is an author, master’s clinical psychologist, holistic chiropractic physician, frequent media guest, and workshop facilitator. He is director of The Soul Phone Foundation, co–founder of Greater Reality Living Groups,and board member of Helping Parents Heal. Dr. Pitstick can help you know and show– no matter what is going on around you – that your earthly experience is a totally safe, meaningful, and magnificent adventure amidst forever. Visit About Dr. Mark Pitstickfor his full bio.
Note: Because of his many outreaches, Dr. Pitstick can no longer answer complex and multiple questions from individuals. However, he has created many resources to answer your biggest questions and provide holistic solutions to your toughest challenges.
- Free articles, radio shows, and newsletters:
- Articles for Transformation and Healing(oncomhome page) address the most common questions, concerns, and challenges about life, death, and afterlife.
- Radio Shows(top tab of com) share his answers and those of top experts to life’s biggest questions: “Who am I? Why am I here? What happens after I die? Is there a God? Why is there so much suffering? Why must children die?” and others.
- Soul Proof Newsletterswith information and inspiration are delivered by email monthly. To subscribe, visit com
Audio Products – CDs and digital downloads – allow you to benefit from quality sessions at home for a fraction of the cost of an office visit.
These Transformational Audio Productsuse deep relaxation, visualization, breath work, and other techniques to access your inner wisdom, visit with “departed” loved ones, release old wounds and lower energy emotions, evaluate your pre-birth planning, have past life regressions, and more.
- Books and documentary film: these products (visit Shop) provide specific information to help you know and showthat you are a forever being of consciousness / energy / spirit and how you can live accordingly.
- Webinars and workshops: to learn about these and other updates, subscribe to the free email newsletters at SoulProof.comand SoulPhone.org.
5. Greater Reality Living Groups: Dr. Pitstick and Dr. Gary Schwartz co-founded the organization for local and online groups. For more information, visit Greater Reality Living Groups.
6. SoulPhone Newsletter:Receive research and development updates on this life and world transformative spirit communication technology being developed at the Laboratory for Advancement in Consciousness and Health at the University of Arizona. A prototype of the first device, the SoulSwitch, may be reliably functioning as soon as 2018. This breakthrough will constitute 100% scientific proof that life continues after physical death and the many wonderful benefits that accompany that knowledge. To receive updates, join the newsletter at SoulPhone.org.
- Coaching/Counseling Session:these can occur in person, by phone, or on Zoom. To learn more, visit Coaching/Counseling Session
Disclaimer:This information is not designed to replace medical or psychological care. My remarks are based on over forty-five years of study, training, personal experience, and professional service. Extensive clinical, scientific, and empirical evidence supports much, but not all, of what I say. My current best understandings may change over time. I do not claim to have all the answers or the only answers. My hope is that this information assists you to consider what makes the most sense to you.